Deco Guard 290is a silicon Solvent base water repellent mixture of silane /siloxane and synthetic resins. It is used to import both water repellency and oil repellency to inorganic substrates such as mineral constructions.
Deco Guard 290 protects masonry and other building materials against damage due to penetration by water and waterborne chemicals. Deco Guard 290is not a surface coating. It penetrates up to ¼ inch into treated surfaces and bonds with the substrate to provide long lasting, protection, even at hairline cracks.
Deco Guard 290is used on neutral and alkaline mineral substrates such as:
- Mineral-based natural and artificial stone
- Aerated concrete
- Sand-lime brickwork
- Cement fiberboards
- Mineral paints
- All kinds of concrete
- Mineral plasters
Deco Guard 290is suitable as primer for exterior paints.
- 100% vapor Permeable
- Good depth of penetration.
- High alkaline resistance.
- Effective even on damp substrates.
- Water repellency develops fast
- Allows substrate to breath
- Does not change the appearance of substrate
- Reduces efflorescence, scaling and spalling